09 enero 2010

Para el fin del mundo o el año nuevo (Para Lhasa)



Esta ilustración está dedicada a una de mis cantantes favoritas, Lhasa, que murió el día de año nuevo.

El título pertenece a una canción suya, y en parte también al libro que me estoy leyendo ahora, el fin del mundo, y un despiadado país de las maravillas, de Haruki Murakami, uno de mis escritores favoritos.


For the end of the world or the new year (to Lhasa)

This illustration is dedicated to one of my favourite singers, Lhasa, who passed away on New Year's day.

The title belongs to one of her songs (Para el fin del mundo o el año nuevo), and also It's related to the book I'm reading at the moment, Hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world by Haruki Murakami. He's also one of my favourite writers.

10 comentarios:

Flora Chang dijo...

Great illustration as always! Love it!!!
I also love Murakami Haruki... but of course I read his book in Chinese. : )

Happy New Year!

Luc Melanson dijo...

Beautiful piece Luc. Lhasa was one of my favorite singer too. What a loss.

Luc dijo...

I cann't imagine how can it be Haruki MUrakami in Chinese, Flora :)

Thanks a lot Luc. She was also Canadian. Really a great loss :(

Luc Melanson dijo...

Yes, she lived here in Montreal. I had the chance to see her in concert many times.

Luc dijo...

Lucky you. I'd have loved to seeher live :(

Alejandra Acosta dijo...

Hola Luc, que linda ilustración... me encanta su atmósfera!

Abrazos.

Luc Melanson dijo...

You might like the music of Yves Desrosiers. He's a Montreal guitarist who discovered Lhasa and played with her in the 90s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-lVhMb-Zc

Luc dijo...

Muchas gracias Ale :) Me alegro mucho de que te guste.

Thanks for the recomendation Luc. I like it. It has something that reminds me of Lhasa.

Unknown dijo...

Lhasa de Sela??? ha muerto??? no...fastidies!
pues que pena, me encanta esta mujer...
la ilustración es fantástica!

Luc dijo...

Pues sí. El día de año nuevo, Iratxe :( A mí me encantaba.